Svarog West Group Corporation owns and operates a modern seed plant in Lotivka village, Shepetivka district, Khmelnytskyi region on the basis of production seed facilities of Lotivka Elit ldt. The seed plant manages processing, calibration, treatment, and packing of grain, cereal, and legume seed.
The seed plant is built on the basis of Benelux drier (American manufacturer) and is equipped with Cimbria machinery (Denmark manufacturer) that meets international seed production standards. Productive capacity of the plant is 15 t/h. The plant produces high-quality seed of Elita class of 1-2 reproduction.
Svarog West Group's seed production line is comprised of several consistent units, such as
- 8 silages with the total storage capacity of 4,000 t, and grain storages with the capacity of 4,000 t.;
- Seed cleaning unit. Delta 144.2 (40 t/h) pre-cleaner and Delta 107 (15 t/h) fine cleaner manage the pre-cleaning stage of seed production. Waste, dust, and seed impurities as well as small particles and damaged seeds are removed at pre-cleaning stage. Proper pre-cleaning ensures the best possible quality of produced seed;
- Trieur unit. This unit operates the closing stage of the seed cleaning during which small and big particles are fully removed;
- Gravity separator. This unit classifies seed material according to its gravity;
- Seed treatment unit. Cimbria Heid Centricoater CC 150 seed treater ensures the uniformity in seed treatment. As a result, the seed material meets the international seed certification requirements;
- Dosing unit;
- Packaging and sacking unit.
Each unit is equipped with own aspiration system, so that neither grain dust nor chemicals from the treater get into the room; 99% is the air purification level. Triple protection is applied to all the engines, which results in almost absolute engine reliability.
There is a well-adjusted seed transportation system among the separate units by means of chain and belt conveyors, Z type bucket elevators. The seed production line is equipped with an integrative computer control system. Thus, all the operations can be managed by one computer installed in the control room.
It is planned to expand the capacity of the seed plant in 2015. Perry drier (English manufacturer) with its total capacity of 20 t/h and 19 extra silages with the capacity of 6,500 t were set to work. Furthermore, the production line is going to be modernized by equipping it with the additional machinery for seed calibration (four groups), a color sorting machine and equipment for seed incrustation. The shop floor for niche crops (gymnosperm pumpkin and haricot bean) is already built.
Seed production is under constant supervision of agronomists and seed technologists, who have underwent the studying courses on Ukrainian seed plants and learned from Danish experts. The high level of automation of manufacturing processes ensures twenty-four-hour seed production in three shifts.
LOTIVKA ELIT LTD PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING SERVICES
Seed Testing on Research Plots
In order to obtain detailed information about the hybrid or variety on research plot during the growing season, seed undergoes phonological observations and testing on weight gain, lodging resistance, and in-ear sprouting.
Svarog West Group Corporation conducts seed production in cooperation with the following world leading companies: Saatbau, Syngenta, Prograin, KWS, Saaten Union, and Limagrain.
Seed Variety Testing
Examining and evaluation of new varieties on research plots and at laboratories are conducted. The aim is to determine the best commercial seed and study the quality characteristics of seed, in particular:
- Lodging resistance;
- Drought resistance;
- Fusariose resistance;
- Frost and cold resistance;
- Crop yield and quality.
Examining of seed development on maternal plant from zygote formation till its maturation:
- Seed quality and inner processes from harvesting till sowing;
- Sowing-sprouting period;
- Period of autotrophic nutrition of young plants;
- Post-harvest treatment;
- Seed storing and sprouting in field conditions.
Strain changing and strain renovation
- Strain renovation plan development;
- Annual stain renovation with high reproduction seed;
- Changing varieties on higher reproduction varieties acclimatized to regional conditions;
- Constant monitoring of new selections from different countries;
- Cooperation with native and foreign selectionists;
- Participation in seminars and Field Days on seed production and selection.
The selection of haricot bean, soybean and winter wheat has started.